Thursday, December 08, 2005

Shoeflower - A Memory Art
















I chose to paint a "Shoeflower" in Photoshop, one of my favorite sujects from "Still life". Though I did not have the object in front of me, I seemed to have a memory of it. I saw it in my frontyard every single day and yes, I enjoyed it. No wonder I have it as a part of my work.
This art took me two and half hour to complete including the color composition, the background and a few small details. As you can see, I have been a fan for the smudge tool, dodge and the burn tool. I initiated the painting with the choice of color for the background and then made an outline for the flower using paint tool. Using my custom made color palatte, I added different shades of the same color, mixed it using the smudge tool and defined the edges.
© Rashmi Kayala. All Rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home